Thanks for all your love, support, kind words and encouragement over the last week. I am always amazed at how loved you all make me feel through this blog, through facebook and through personal emails. The simple fact that you remembered without me saying anything just means the world to me.
On Thursday, I braved the beach with Grant and Ashton. It is our tradition to go to our favorite beach in South Haven. However, Jason wouldn't take off work and I just couldn't imagine carrying all that stuff, plus two kids down that incredibly long walk to the beach. So, I opted for a closer version in the town we will soon be moving to because it has a shorter distance from car to water. We got there right away when it opened and enjoyed about 4 hours playing in the sand, riding the waves, eating a picnic lunch and then playing some more. It was a wonderful day with just us and was a great reminder of just how lucky I am.
Of course, it was 98 degrees with 100% humidity that day so leaving the beach with bags, tired/hot kids and sand everywhere left me totally exhausted. We came home and played in the pool in the backyard and waited for J to come home and then we enjoyed a nice dinner out just the four of us.
I attempted my first cookie cake since I have not been happy with the ones I purchased the last few years. I am no cake boss, but it tasted good and cost about $18 less than the one I bought last year!
I had purchased Chinese lanterns to let off at night, but again, it was so darn hot that we opted to wait until Sunday. Instead we just went to the cemetery and left our flowers, told Brooke and Alexcyn how much we loved them and missed them and then came home to enjoy the nice, cold air conditioning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment