Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ten on Tuesday



1.  The other day I was driving my new car and mentioned that I needed gas soon but wasn't sure how to open the gas tank.  Suddenly from the back seat, Grant announced that he knows how to open it and would show me when we get home.  By the time we got home, I had totally forgotten about it, but Grant didn't.  He promptly got out of the car, went over to the gas tank, asked if I was paying attention and then pushed on the gas tank and it opened.  He was so proud of himself and I just stood there wondering when the heck my 3 year old read the manual to the new car.  How did he possibly know that????

2.  Speaking of my new car..... I am still totally in love with her.  It is truly amazing how much you can love a new car after not having one for 10 years!

3.  The other morning, I watched Ashton go into the kitchen, take out my mini food processor, go into the living room, pop out the outlet protector, and plug in the processor and turn it on.  I could hardly believe what I was watching!

4.  I am checking my mail hourly for the arrival of this beauty.  I have only had it on pre-order since August!!!  Amazon says it shipped so I am crossing my fingers it will be here today.  I just love Shauna.  If you have never read her books Cold Tangerines and Bittersweet, I highly recommend that you go get them right now.


5. Now that J is working Saturdays again, the weekends tend to blur into the week so Saturday night I insisted we go out for a fun family outing just the four of us.  We headed downtown for pizza, frozen yogurt and then took a family trip to Menards. Nothing too exciting, but just fun for all of us to be together.  

6.  TROUBLE



7.  Grant starts soccer next week.  I am excited for him to start his first sport and I know that he is more than ready for a new outlet to release some energy.  I however am not so sure I am ready for sports!

8.  Ashton's vocabulary is growing so fast that we can't quite seem to keep up with him.  He keeps saying something and we can't quite figure out what he means, but we know what it sounds like......think 4 letter word that starts with F.  It definitely gets your attention when he yells it as you are taking him out of the car in the church parking lot.

9.  This morning I watched Ashton throw his bowl of bananas into the trash.  I looked at him and asked him if he threw it in the trash and he looked at me with a straight face and said, "um, I didn't."  I wasn't sure if I was more shocked that he lied or that he answered me with a 3 word sentence.  Where is my little baby that could hardly say mama????

10.  Blessing of the week:  warmer weather.  The boys could Finally get outside and test out their new dinosaur rain boots!


3 comments:

  1. ha, love number 8. number 3 is scary! are there blades??

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a blade but I keep that in an upper cabinet away from his reach:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. phew! :o) i should do that, i am so OCD i put it together before i put it away.

    ReplyDelete