Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ten on Tuesday/Wednesday

1.  Looks like this guy had a good nights sleep!  Love his crazy morning hair....

2.  Rain rain go away.... we have enough of you already.

3.  Speaking of rain, it is really nice to watch the rain come down and not go into a panic that our basement is going to flood.  I sure hope the people that bought our house remember that we mentioned it has flooded in the past or they might be in for a surprise when the 5 inches comes tonight!

4.  Last week I took the boys on a spur of the moment trip to Meijer Gardens to see the butterflies.  They loved them and I loved the tropical weather in the indoor garden.





5.  My book came last Tuesday just as I had hoped.  So far I love it and I can't wait to try out some of the yummy recipes.

6.   Poor Ashton usually has crazy hair, but when he woke up this day, it was out of control crazy!



7.  How do you feel about storage lockers in your house?  I love the look and idea of them but I know that we are "drop things and not pick them up for 2 days" type of people.  Not sure if they would just become a mess or not.

8.  Poor Ashton has a nasty cold and is getting two teeth.  He is miserable.

9.  I am going to get on my soap box for a minute here:  If you are a mom that took your family out for a fun day, please put down your smart phone.  I know there are times when you need to check your email, but seriously is it really necessary to check your email and FB every five minutes?  I couldn't believe the amount of moms that were playing with their phones the whole time we were at the gardens.  They missed such wonderful moments with their kids just so they could know that they friends were baking banana bread.  It just breaks my heart for those kids that want to share those times with their moms.

10.  Blessing of the week: our church series is about doubt.  Talk about perfect timing after my post a couple weeks ago!  This week the topic was that doubt is a necessary part of faith.  I missed the service because I was home with a sick Ashton, but I watched it online and cried the whole time.  It made me feel normal for having my doubts and wondering why He allows such tragedy and wondering where is God when I need him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment