Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Thank you for your comments, notes and emails about my post last week.  I am feeling much better now that Easter week is over.

2.  We had an AMAZING church service on Sunday.  We actually chose to become members of our church because of the Easter service.  They turn it into such a celebration.  Of course, they played all the songs that bring tears to my eyes, so I cried the first 10 minutes, but it was still amazing!

3.  My two little bunnies that refuse to sit still and look at the camera...



4.  Why are my kids so obsessed with register vents?  I just caught Ashton pushing crayons down ours.  Grant threw his whole Little People family down our old one.  We had to actually duck tape it to the floor at one point!  This one is secured to the wall but has slots wide enough for crayons.  Now every time our heat turns on, it makes a funny noise.

5. Sometimes I wish I could pay someone to come over here and put laundry away for me every week.  I don't mind washing it or folding it, but putting it away is something I dread!  And, it seems like our laundry piles just get bigger and bigger every week....how is that possible?

6.  When your washer and dryer are in your kitchen- number 5 becomes a big problem!

7.  What do you feed your kids for snacks?  Mine seem to go through stages and then after a couple weeks refuse to eat those things ever again.  And, they must be growing because they constantly want a snack.  They refuse goldfish, graham crackers, nutri grain bars, cheese sticks, yogurt, pretty much any cracker... I refuse to do fruit snacks which is what they always want.  I just need some good healthy snack motivation- please help!

8. Is it really April?  Feels more like January to me.

9.  At Easter, J's grandma was talking about how she used to live on $100 a month.  Amazing to think about isn't it?  Our cable/internet bill is more than that! 

10.  Blessing of the week:  a "new" car.  Jason surprised me with a new to me car this past week.  My old car was 13 years old and although she was very good to me over the years, the air conditioning broke 2 years ago.  After the never below 98 degrees temps of last summer, I was really hoping to get a new car before summer came around (if it ever does!).  I feel so blessed to not only have a "new" car, but that J was able to let go of his budget to make this possible :)

3 comments:

  1. Do they like smoothies? Maybe make some fruit smoothies something sweet yet healthy.

    I don't mind fruit snacks too much. We do those, yogurt, crackers w/ peanut butter, and apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What handsome boys!!! Mason wouldn't look for his Easter pic either.

    And one snack Mase likes is veggie straws. Somewhat expensive but fairly healthy. Its how Mase gets his daily veggie intake =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, claire likes veggie straws too. my husband came home with a GINORMOUS bag tuesday and it's half gone already! we also do chex cereals for snacks, and grapes, and apple slices. not sure if they like fruit.

    ReplyDelete