A year ago today I walked into my OBs office with a heavy heart. A week earlier I laid on the ultrasound table and watched the screen as my OB moved the wand back and forth searching for any sign that there was a baby forming. Unfortunately, all we saw was an empty sac. I left the office that day with the belief that I would miscarry naturally within the next few weeks. Just in case, my dr had me get some blood tests done. When those numbers looked good, she scheduled me for another ultrasound. March 3, 2011 I found myself laying on that same table praying like crazy for a miracle. Within a couple minutes, tears formed in my eyes as I looked at the screen. The tech pointed at it, but I had already seen it....there was a baby in there with a little beating heart. I could hardly believe it. I got in the car and called Jason and told him that we had another little miracle baby on the way.
A year later, I woke up to the sweet sound of Ashton chattering away to himself in his bed. I watched Grant wake up and go over and kiss Ashton's head and in his sweet little voice say, "Good morning baby Ashton." I am so thankful that God changed his mind and blessed us with Ashton Nowell. I love my little mini-me so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I love the visual of Grant going over and kissing Ashton on the head and saying "Good morning baby Ashton"! What a huge blessing to you and your family...all of your children! I have also been inspired by your perseverence and strength.
ReplyDeleteThank you God for the gift of Krista and her children <3
With love and Hope,
Cheryl
I love your 'mini-me' comment - I was just thinking how much he looks like you. :) What a beautiful miracle baby!
ReplyDelete