Grant Weston,
As I sit here writing this, I am overcome with emotion thinking that it was two years ago today that we first held you in our arms. This last year with you has been truly amazing. I am so thankful that I get to stay home 3 days a week and watch you grow and discover the world. You have grown up so much and it kinda makes me sad to think that you are no longer my baby. There are so many new things that you surprise us with everyday. Here are a few highlights....
* you talk like crazy. You still have your own language that you use every once in a while, but you really learn so many new words a day that it is scary! You repeat just about everything we say now and you are getting really good at forming 3 word sentences. I am so proud of you and ashamed of myself for ever worrying about your language development!
*you made the transition into a big boy bed in the last month. Below is a picture of how much you like your bed! Most nights you go to sleep in the bed but we find you on the floor in the morning. Sometimes before we go to bed we check on you in your bed and then find you on the floor surrounded by books with the light on in the morning! This scares us a little because we are not sure when you are actually getting up and reading to yourself.
*you are still a daddy's boy. The first thing you say when you get up is, "daddy" and you ask about him all day long. I know this is because daddy spoils you and I have to discipline you so I will let it go for now, but soon you will need to become my mommas boy!
*you love to read books especially before nap time and bed time and you tend to use that as a way to stay awake longer!
*you love to play outside. The second thing you say when you wake up (behind Daddy of course) is, "outside". I am pretty sure if I let you, you would play outside all.day.long. We got you a bike last month and you love to ride it around the block. It takes you about 45 minutes because you like to stop and check everything out.
*you are a true boy! You love trucks, tractors, excavators, scoops, diggers, and most especially dirt! They have been working on our road for what seems like months and you have been glued to the window watching all of the construction trucks- it is so cute how excited you get. Every time you think you hear a truck, you look at me and scream, "truck coming" like it is the coolest thing in the world!
*you are very observant and don't miss anything. You can spot an airplane in the sky that I have to put my glasses on to see!
*you have been showing a lot more interest in the potty lately but mommy doesn't dare try to push the issue before your world is turned upside down with a little brother. You have been going on the potty for months before your bath time but recently you have asked to go other times as well. This is a picture of your first time going poop on the potty. Yes, I am THAT mom that takes a picture of this proud moment!
*random stats - you are wearing 18 month pants, 24 month shirts, size 5 shoes and size 4 diapers. Last time you were weighed was a couple months ago and you were 24 pounds. I will update this info after your 2 year appt on Monday. I am very curious to see how much you have grown.
We love you so much Grant. I am almost worried about having another child because I wonder if I will have enough love for both of you. I cherish the few times a day that you snuggle on my lap and I hold you close and thank God for blessing me with you. ~mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment