Monday, October 3, 2011

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo


On Saturday night, we celebrated Grant's second birthday.  Wow, what a difference a year makes!  Grant actually enjoyed opening presents - although that only lasted until he got a big truck and then all he wanted to do was play!  When asked, he would tell you that he is, "two" and he actually sang, "Happy Birthday to You"  and is still singing it!  I still can't believe how grown up my baby is getting!

This years theme was trains.  Grant has been obsessed with choo choos for a while now and I had received a fun train cupcake mold for Christmas last year and then picked up a brand new set of train cookie cutters from a friend at our garage sale this summer, so the choo choo theme seemed the obvious choice! I don't go all out with themed food and all that, but I do enjoy planning little touches to make the day special.  There was a time in my life that I wondered if I would ever be able to celebrate my child's birthday so I like to make the day as special as I can.  My plan was to attempt to make this as simple as possible because I am quite tired these days being so pregnant. However, once the planning started, I just couldn't stop!
 


The invitation.....



The Birthday Boy..... in the t-shirt I made for him without sewing since I never got around to getting those sewing lessons!





The favors for the kids... these were cups that had train cookies inside as an extra treat.




The favors for the adults.... train cookies.






The cake.....





The jell-o..... the cupcake mold ended up being a jell-o mold after a disastrous
attempt at making cupcakes in it!  I was really glad I tested it out before the day of his birthday!




The presents..... wow, is he ever spoiled!







No comments:

Post a Comment