Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple Picking

I love fall!  I love the crisp air, the falling leaves, pumpkins, traveling out to the local apple orchards, eating apple cider donuts and making homemade applesauce.  I had grand plans to experience everything fall with Grant this year but somehow nesting seemed to take priority and I was a total slacker.   Since we only have a week until this baby is due, I figured today might be our last chance!  It was a gorgeous sunny day and although we chose an orchard without the donuts and the pumpkin patch was slightly less than I had hoped for, we still had a great time. 

Unfortunately, Grant could have cared less about the apples.  Right now he has a one track mind.... tractors!



I ditched the plans to make applesauce since I am running on low energy these days so we only picked a few apples.



Grant wasn't quite sure about this spider.  He takes after his momma!



Can't believe we actually found a pumpkin since they only had like 3 pumpkins left in the patch!


Grant also enjoyed chasing the chickens around the orchard.  He has a chicken named Coco at his grandmas house so he ran around yelling Coco while trying to catch them.  The chickens were less than thrilled to see him coming! 



All in all it was a great afternoon.  Now we are settling in and patiently waiting for baby boy to make an appearance.  I was so convinced that he was coming early and he is definitely proving me wrong!  

No comments:

Post a Comment