Sometimes I am just taken back for a moment by the simplest things in life. I think about this stuff often so I am sure I have said it on here once or twice before, but when you have experienced infertility and infant loss you have a greater understanding and appreciation for the simple things in life. This morning we attended the Labor Day Truck Parade. It is nothing more than 25+ semi trucks driving through our downtown honking their horns. But, sitting there watching Grant's face light up when he saw the trucks and heard their cool, loud horns just brought tears to my eyes. I realize the tears were probably pregnancy hormone induced, but I just took a moment to be thankful for the simple things like the amazement and wonder of a little boy waving to a bunch of trucks driving by. I hope that all of you are enjoying your Labor Day and that you each take a minute to be thankful for the simple things in life that so many people out there are longing for right now.

 |
| love that look of excitement for all the trucks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment