Yes, I know it is September! However, I am a little behind in my recipe posts so I am doing a little catch up. In July I tried a new recipe for a delicious looking zucchini casserole from All Recipes. It was anything but delicious and unfortunately it was the only new recipe I tried, so no recipe for July! In August, we had an abundance of tomatoes in our garden so I tried a bruschetta recipe that a friend gave me. It was delicious and a great way to take advantage of all those ripe tomatoes.
8 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
2 Tbls minced garlic
1/2 c. Coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/4 c. Coarsely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp tarragon (you can use 1 tsp fresh if u want)
1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinagar
1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Serve with toasted crostini and if you are adventurous (and can eat goat cheese at the moment), spread some on the crostini before you add the bruschetta. YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment