Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This week last year was a tough one for me. I was trying so hard to be thankful for all the blessings in my life, but it was difficult as the two things I wanted most had been taken from me way too soon. I remember putting on that famous fake smile. I was trying so hard to have a happy holiday celebrating with friends and family, but the pain of not having my girls there was so heavy on my heart. I just missed them so much.

What a difference a year makes!

As I sit here with a beautiful baby boy sleeping peacefully next to me, I am overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude and thanks. This year, the holidays are going to be so different. Thoughts of Brooke and Alexcyn and how much they would enjoy their 2nd Thanksgiving feast fill my head and heart. But instead of focusing on what should have been this year, I am going to focus on this wonderful blessing in our lives....




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts with us. Your little blessing is so handsome :)

    ReplyDelete