Friday, November 6, 2009

Big boy!

We went to the dr today for a one month check up and can't believe how big our baby is getting! He was 6lbs 14 oz when he was born and now he is 9 lbs 3 oz only 5 weeks later! We knew he was getting bigger, but wow were we ever surprised when we saw that scale. Everything looked good at the appt. G has been a little fussy pants lately so we wondered if he is struggling with reflux issues. The dr is having us add a little cereal to his bottle for a week to see if that helps before we try medication. We have only done it with one feeding, but it seems to work because instead of screaming, he went right to sleep!!!

No pictures today due to the fact that Grant has developed a case of cradle cap. I must have been really hormonal during pregnancy considering his baby acne and now cradle cap. I feel bad for him even though the dr said it hurts me more than it hurts him!

4 comments:

  1. Krista.. wow.. he is a healthy boy.. that is great with how much he weighs!!! Just so you know.. we are doing the cereal thing also - they sleep a bit better at night! Hope it goes well for you... let me know!!! Glad he is doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista! Congrats on how big Grant is getting! You are doing a great job!!!! :)
    Thanks for the sweet note on my blog... we're living proof of miracle pregnancies after years of struggle, huh?! The reflux thing can be so upsetting... I remember my newphews had it and my sister suffered so much because of it. They outgrew at around 6-7 months. Hopefully the cereal will help!
    Oh, when Lila had cradle cap, I used to rub baby oil on her scalp and brush it off. It helped but usually you just have to wait until it runs its course.
    God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how they grow so fast!?!?!
    Just a little funny story for you. Malakai also had cradle cap. Eric took him to an appointment by himself and our doctor gave him instructions on how to take care of it. The only problem is, he forgot to tell me the part of putting baby oil on it. He only told me to use a brush when I put shampoo in Malakai's hair. So I did it. Well, apparently I scrubbed to hard (Malakai didn't cry, so it really wasn't that hard), but he lost all the hair on the top of his head! I was so devastated that I cried! He looked like a little old man that was going bald.
    I'm sure that it was just coincidence and now I just laugh at it. Good thing hair does grow back at this age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a big boy. He is so beautiful. Gwen had baby acne also, luckily it is short lived. I love your new blog look. So happy you are enjoying your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete