Sunday, October 18, 2009

2 Weeks

Wow, has it really been 2 weeks already? I seem to have lost all concept of time these days! It truly amazes me how fast the days go when all you do is change diapers and feed a baby all day long.

So far all is going well here. My mom came to visit last week and I have to admit that it was really nice to have an extra set of hands especially when Grant started crying at 6 in the morning! Because I am pumping and using formula, Grandma was able to take him and feed him while we enjoyed some much needed sleep! J and I were even able to get out on Friday for our date night. We had originally planned on going out the first weekend in October for our last date night before baby, but he came October 1 so we never got that chance. It was nice to get out of the house since I feel like I have been stuck in a dungeon for 2 weeks, but it was also weird at the same time- I missed my little guy so much being gone just 2 hours!


Before we left on our date night.


Grant has not been the best sleeper lately. He wakes up every 3 hours to eat and then does not want to go back to sleep at all. Or, he will go back to sleep for half an hour (just about the time that I am back asleep) and then he wakes up screaming or being fussy. Last night he thought it would be fun to wake up every 2 hours.... I was hoping to make it to every 4 hours, but he seems to be going the opposite direction! Other than the night time issues, everything is going really well. We are still amazed that he is here and feel blessed to have had the last 3 weeks to spend with Grant considering tomorrow is his actual due date!



Some awake time with mommy.



Taking a nap with daddy.

3 comments:

  1. What a handsome little boy! I'm glad you were able to go on a date night. You need those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family pictures! I'm sorry Grant hasn't been sleeping well for you, but that gorgeous face is helping pull you through each night, I'm sure. Yay for a wonderful two weeks.

    ReplyDelete