1. I was praising God on Tuesday with the results of my mammogram/ultrasound. And then I checked my facebook and saw the news of two people I went to college with that have been diagnosed with cancer. Definitely humbled me and made me that much more grateful for the good news I received. One of the girls was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She is my age and was first diagnosed at age 30 when pregnant with her son. I thought pregnancy was full of anxiety, but add chemo to that... she is definitely a strong woman. She actually started an amazing non profit org for those dealing with cancer called Hope Scarves. Check it out here.... http://hopescarves.org/
2. I tried to stay away from it as long as I could, but Ashton finally became victim to the stomach flu on Sunday night. Grant seemed to think it was an appropriate time to claim a tummy ache to get out of going to school the next day. Not cool that he is starting this at age 4.
3. The anticipation of when the rest of us will get the flu is killing me. I wish we could just get it over with already.
4. Ashton built me a beautiful house the other day. Not sure how I feel about the polar bear on the roof though- that might give me nightmares! It is funny how different my boys are. Grant could give or take building blocks but Ashton will sit for an hour straight and just build.
5. While I am mentioning differences.... Ashton refuses to let me do anything for him. Grant on the other hand refuses to do anything for himself. Polar opposites.
6. Ashton's favorite food these days is green olives. He would sit down and eat an entire can if we let him.
7. The other night at dinner, I asked Grant to pray and he did a great job thanking God for the beautiful day even though it was only 9 degrees outside and we couldn't leave the house! Ashton asked if he could pray too... "Dear Lord. Bless the juice and the pepsi (what he was calling 7 up when he was sick) and this and this and this as he proceeded to point to the peas, turkey burger and avacado on his plate. It was so precious.
8. If I knew it was going to snow this much this winter, I probably would have asked for a snow blower for Christmas. My back hurts.
9. I was trying summer clothes on Grant the other day and realized that he has grown out of his wardrobe from last summer already. I knew he had gotten taller, but that just confirmed it. My baby is no longer looking like my baby. Sigh.
10. Blessing of the week: our house is framed! It seemed like it took forever and a day to get to this point. Now that it is here, I am ecstatic! We have had these plans in our heads for so long that I literally cried as we walked through it because it is actually happening. And then I cried because we had to shovel 8 inches of snow off the main floor:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment