Friday, January 10, 2014

2014: My New Year’s Resolutions






















Another fun list I saw on Pinterest that I thought I would use for my 2014 goals.  List by Lauren Conrad.



A bad habit I am going to break:
Coveting.  "Do not love the things of this world.  Those who covet will find no satisfaction." 1 John 2:15
"Be content with what you have-contentment allows you to enjoy what God has given you." Hebrews 13:5

A great article I recently read on this topic can be found at this link to Thriving Family Magazine.  This definitely describes all the issues I fight with in this digital age.

A destination I would like to visit:
I always want to go back to Hawaii but don't think that will actually happen again until my kids are older.  More realistically, I would love to go to New England in the fall and see the colors.

I am going to work harder at:
Decluttering my life.  I am a slight hoarder.  That fact combined with two small children and a house with no closets other than for clothes, means my house is always a cluttered mess.  I can't wait until we move and I actually have places to put things and I have space to go through all my treasures and get rid of stuff!

A project I would like to finish:
my house:)

A class I would like to take:
I would love to learn how to sew.

I would like to spend more time doing:
devotionals.  Still looking for a good book.  Let me know if you have a recommendation.

A food I want to ear more of:
I always need more chocolate in my life:)  I would like to incorporate quinoa in more things though.  I have a great stuffed pepper quinoa recipe but that is about all I have used it for.

I want to wear more:
This is one of my coveting issues.  I just don't have a budget for new clothes all the time so instead of saying I want to wear something more, I am going to commit to being happy that I have clothes to wear at all.

What are your resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment