Wednesday, November 27, 2013

weekly 10

1.  Having fun with Pampers boxes.  These are cars for their babies. And yes, Ashton is using my Christmas decorations as bracelets and yes that is my cabbage doll from when I was little!



2.  I can't believe I actually watched a tv show called Vanilla Ice Goes Amish.  The sad thing is, I watched it for more than 5 minutes.  I am ashamed of myself!

3.  The other night I was cuddling the boys before bed.
Me:  I am so lucky to have two handsome boys sitting on my lap.
Grant:  You are so lucky to have two handsome boys that toot on your lap.
Grant:  toots
Oh, life with boys is always fun!

4.  We had Grant's first conference last week.  He got a good report.  They did wonder why he had such a hard time at drop off.  I told them I wondered that as well!  They said he has an amazing heart and is such a kind boy and will be a gift to all his teachers in the future.  I am so glad that despite his drop off issues, they get to see my baby and what a great kid he is.

5. We decided to go for bed transition over potty training because the other night we found Ashton in our living room at 3 am.  I heard someone get up but assumed it was Grant.  When I didn't hear the potty flush I went to double check. I found Ashton sitting on the couch asking to watch his show.  Apparently he was ready to start his day.

6.  Ashton versus the laundry drying rack.  Unfortunately, Ashton won.  I am thankful I have a fun new Amish drying rack waiting for me under the Christmas tree.  However, it is HUGE so I was hoping to not bring it out until we actually had a laundry room that wasn't in the middle of our kitchen.  Thanks Ashton.



7.   So, we have had an Elf on the Shelf for the last two years but haven't really used it.  I have been pinning tons of ideas about what to do with your Elf, but I still don't understand why the Elf has to be naughty.  Can someone please explain to me why he has to create so much extra work for me every night????

8.  Between the wall and the glider = where I found Ashton taking his nap the other day.  When he woke up I asked him why he slept there and he said,"I was hiding."  Guess he thought I was coming back to find him.  oops.

9.  I can't get enough of this  picture. Grant was so excited to see Santa that he didn't even think for a second that this was Jason's Uncle Bernie.  I love his innocence about Santa and I am considering quarantining ourselves  in our house for the next 5 weeks in order to keep him away from anyone that might ruin that innocence by telling him Santa isn't real.



10.  Blessing of the week: so much to be thankful for this week of Thanksgiving. This week I am thankful for walls.  Not only the ones that keep us warm this time of year, but also the ones that were poured for our new house this week.  I took the boys out to see the excitement of the "ment mixers" the other day and just stood there in awe.  I was so overwhelmed with emotions of gratefulness that after such a long time (and a lot of hard work) we are finally getting our dream  house.  I feel so lucky. 


1 comment:

  1. hi Krista... was following a blog trail & came across your blog... On the elf on the shelf, I have no idea how that works, but today on FB I saw someone who called it a Kindness Elf & each day she added a note to it, "Bake cookies for the neighbor" "Go visit someone from Church" Teaching kindness instead... I have heard that some kids are actually afraid of it ??
    You may be able to find her on Pinterest??

    ReplyDelete