2. Two weekends ago, I
3. We didn't go anywhere, but instead enjoyed a little staycation. I was worried that being home I would feel compelled to clean the toilets and fold the laundry, but I surprised myself by totally ignoring the mess around me and just allowing my body and mind to rest. We slept in, Jason did boy stuff at our property, I wondered the aisles at Target for hours, I laid on the couch and watched every Hallmark Christmas movie I could, we went out for dinner and drank martinis and enjoyed quality time alone.
4. When we picked the boys up on Sunday, I felt refreshed and renewed and ready to face the holiday season. Grant is a little home body and actually missed him momma (yes!) and Ashton seemed a little pissed he had to leave the arms of his pop pop. He is definitely addicted to his pop pop! It was a great weekend for all.
5. Once Monday hit, the boys were back to their old antics of whining, fighting, screaming, etc... but I felt like I had more patience to handle it than I had in a long time.
6. I am surprised it took him this long.......
7. I put Ashton's toddler bed in his room the other day but he wanted to stay in the crib. He is fine in there at night, not so good at nap time. Ashton is also wanting to go on the potty so I feel torn between bed switch or potty training. I really don't want to do both at the same time!
8. Grant's question of the week to my friend who just got done breastfeeding her baby (under a cover btw). "How do you feed your baby with your body?" I just about peed in my pants I was laughing so hard!
9. Goodbye fall and hello Christmas.... guess what I am doing today:)
10. Blessing of the week: Christmas music on the alarm radio in the morning, in the car, on my computer at work, CDs at home. I just can't get enough of Christmas music. I may have a crazy obsession with Christmas music, but it really just reminds me to stop and take it all in.... enjoy family, eat lots of cookies and watch the faces of my boys as they go through the holiday season with wonder in their eyes.





No comments:
Post a Comment