Tuesday, December 18, 2012

1.  It has been a rough week.  I was heartbroken Friday when I turned the tv on to watch The Chew and saw the news of the massacre.  I grabbed my boys as the tears were streaming down my face.  I think I held them tight for 5 minutes before Ashton starting screaming.  I instantly grabbed Grant and told him that we needed to pray for these innocent children and families.  Again, one of those times I question God and his plans.

2.  On Saturday, my pop pop passed away.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a couple weeks ago and we were told he wouldn't be with us for much longer.  We are sad to say goodbye, but thankful that he didn't have to suffer with the pain of cancer for too long.  I never lived by my pop pop, but have fond memories of summers at his house in Maine.  The last time I saw him was almost 5 years ago when I was pregnant with the girls.  It breaks my heart that he never got to meet Grant and Ashton, but when I heard of his passing, I found comfort in imagining him meeting Brooke and Alexcyn and holding them in his arms in Heaven.




3.  We will be traveling to Florida in January for pop pop's memorial service.  Please, please, please share your advice for flying with a one year old that does.not.sit.still.  I really think we need a tranquilizer for him...

4. Jason and I decided that we needed to move farther north for the month of December.  This whole no snow at Christmas just isn't cutting it for our family.

5.  Finally got a chance to lay down and watch one of my all time favorite movies, Love Actually, and I fell asleep within the first 10 minutes.

6.  Grant is experiencing night terrors. Thankfully he doesn't get them every night.  The fear in his scream is so real, it brings me to tears.

7.  I hate to curse it, but Ashton has been sleeping through the night for 3 weeks now!  It only took a year...

8.  I wrapped a few gifts and put them under the tree as a test to see how long it took Ashton before he touched them.  Amazingly enough, they are still in their original position.  The tree is still getting redecorated every hour, but he seems oblivious to the presents underneath.  Thank goodness because I couldn't store any more presents in my room - I could hardly walk in there anymore!

9.  The other day I was at a stop light in front of a church.  There was a long line of people wrapping around the church and through the parking lot.  They were all holding laundry baskets.  The reality that all those people didn't know where their next meal was coming from hit me like a ton of bricks.  We are so blessed to always have food on our table and never have to wonder what to do when the food runs out.

10.  Blessing of the week:  my babies.  Just as every one else is, I am holding them tighter than ever today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.

    I'm with you, we live in a valley that gets almost no snow, but the areas around us get it. I really need a white Christmas!

    We have never experienced night terrors with Kendry, but even now I talk with him about not needing to be scared because God will take care of him. (a statement that takes on a whole new meaning this week, doesn't it?)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete