Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Ten on Tuesday a day late...
1. Ashton's new words.... ball, grandma, up, cracker, bye bye, caillou (this one shocked me)
2. Grant is WAY into trains right now. From the minute he wakes up until the minute he goes to sleep, he asks to play trains.
3. Grant's new concern is that everyone has a chimney so Santa can come to their house. We have to take him outside about twice a day so he can make sure ours is still there. It is so cute!
4. Ashton is finally getting more teeth. For a while there I thought he might have only 4 teeth for the rest of his life!
5. The other day Grant and I were playing trains and he looked at me and asked, "mommy do you know something about trains?" I said, "no Grant, please tell me." He replied," it doesn't matter where they are going, it just matters if you get on." hmmmmm...maybe he has watched Polar Express one too many times!
6. Ashton is quite the tantrum thrower. When you tell him no, he throws himself on the floor with his head in his hands. Sometimes he peeks up to see if you are actually paying attention to his fit. It is quite the scene.
7. Nothing like the phrase sleep in heavenly peace to get me to ball like a baby. Thank goodness they always play that song by candlelight!
8. I feel like I could open a toy store with all the goodies these boys got for Christmas! We are definitely blessed. As we prayed at night, I tried to convey to him the importance of being grateful because there are a lot of kids that don't even get presents. Not sure if he understood, but I figure it is never too early to try to get him to be more humble!
9. My favorite new recipe for all of our Christmas parties- Swiss Almond Dip. Delicious!
10. Blessing of the week: so many things..... tons of food on our table, a warm place to celebrate Christmas, being surrounded and blessed by family and friends, baby cuddles with our cousins little girls, watching the look on Grant's face when he got his bike, watching Ashton open his presents (yes, he actually opened them!), I could go on and on. Just feeling very blessed this Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




number 7. get's me every time too. even reading you write it. merry christmas.
ReplyDelete