Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Good news- I got 4 bags of bean bag filler for 1/2 off.  Love saving $ that I didn't expect.  Bad news.  While I was making lunch, Grant ripped a whole in one of the bags.  Imagine 100 liters of little beads all.over.the.floor.

2.  Ashton is a stubborn little boy.  While making him cry it out one night, he screamed for 30 minutes straight without giving up at all.  I went in to calm him down and then left and he went right back to it.  Stubborn like his daddy I say.

3. Things come in threes...a few weeks ago my good friends mom discovered a mass in her pancreas.  She will have major surgery on Thursday to have it removed.  Still waiting to hear if it is cancerous.  A week or so ago we heard about one of Jason's friends being diagnosed with testicular cancer.  He is down in Indy as I write this determining if his surgery rid him of the cancer.  Last week another good friends 4 year old nephew (Jacob) was diagnosed with a rapidly progressing brain tumor.  Within 72 hours, he was diagnosed, went to Mayo and had the surgery.  The last I knew, they think they got all the cancer but he will need to do chemo and radiation to be sure.

4.  Please, take a moment and say a prayer for our friends mentioned above.

5.  Cancer sucks.

6.  Ever since I heard about Jacob, I have been giving my boys lots of hugs and kisses and telling them that I love them about 5 seconds.  I usually do this, just not as suffocating as I have this past week.

7.  Grant's birthday party was so much fun!  He loved decorating the chocolate cake and tells everyone that he ate dirt.  Dirt dessert that is.  Pics will come later this week.

8.  My new addiction- Stacey's Pita Chips.  Delicious with a little homemade hummus.  Even Grant likes it.

9.  Castle last week, Revenge this week.  So happy to have my shows back on the air!

10.  Blessing of the week:  celebrating another birthday with Grant.  I take birthdays very seriously.  There were so many years that I wondered if I would ever get to celebrate birthdays of my own children.  Now that I have been blessed with two birthday boys, I want to spoil them rotten on their special days!

No comments:

Post a Comment