Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ten on tuesday

1.  Lately Grant has been addicted to the nursery rhyme Where is Thumbkin.  The other day in the car he started singing, "Where is naked? Where is naked?  Here I am, here I am" Can't wait for him to belt that one out in church someday!

2.  If you want to make people shudder, tell them that you sliced a chunk out of your thumb with a mandolin....  Yup, did that last Wed and since then I have realized that I definitely took my thumb for granted!

3.  I have been loving this cooler weather that is forcing us to stay inside and slow down a bit.  I feel like for the first time since we have moved here I am actually getting things done.

4.  The other day we stopped at the cemetery to water the mums.  As I pulled in Grant asked if we were going to visit the girls.  I said yes and then he said, "can I get out and say hi?"  Warmed my heart to hear him say that.

5. I have had a lot of emotions this week for all the things I am missing out on with the girls.  Not sure if it is planning Grant and Ashton's birthday parties and knowing I will never get that princess party I dreamed about when pregnant with the girls or receiving the American Girl doll magazine in the mail and knowing that I will never get a chance to spoil them rotten with dolls and dresses and trips to the AG store.  Sometimes the reality of what I am missing out on just hurts.

6.  Feeling inspired by this random acts of kindness post of a friend of mine.  Not sure I can come up with 35 acts or if I want to wait until February, but I do think it is a wonderful idea and a great example to teach the boys.  Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

7. My favorite quote of the week .... "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"  This is so true!

8.  CASTLE is back!  I couldn't be happier.

9.  Grant can't stop singing On the Pontoon.  It is hilarious how excited he gets when it comes on the radio.  This kid really cracks me up.

10.  Blessing of the week:  Couch time.  Our parenting class homework is to spend 15 minutes in couch time.  That is time away from the kids where we reconnect and show the kids that our primary concern is our marriage relationship.  Although Jason rolled his eyes at the thought, I was thrilled!  Seems like our only alone time is spent after 9 when the kids are asleep and we are both exhausted and watching tv or sitting with the computer.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are posting about Growing Kids God's way...I remember that "couch time" activity. We did it for a while and it was fun/beneficial. Now that the kids are older it is not as necessary to do it (kids aren't as needy--pulling at you from every direction), but is still important.

    ReplyDelete