2. On Friday, I held my babies close as I heard the news of a woman that passed away from breast cancer. I had only met her a couple times but I was still impacted by her story as I think anyone would be. She was my age, owned a local baby boutique and was pregnant and due with twins the same time we were. They closed the store when she became ill and I kept track of her ups and downs through her blog. I am just broken hearted for all that her family is going through right now and all that they will go through in the future without their wife and momma. I really hate cancer.
3. Grant has decided that he only wants to go potty standing up now. Time to invest in bulk packages of Clorox wipes!
4. When we were pregnant with the girls, our home computer had crashed and I was using my work computer to store some pictures. Last week I put together a slideshow for work for our Ten Year Anniversary and came across this picture. My good friend B made this cake for us to tell our Life Group that we were expecting twins. Amazing how a picture of a cake can bring back so many emotions.
5. I am in total denial that October is coming and I will have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. This year went by in the blink of an eye.
6. As requested, my life list. Some things are easily attainable, some things require more time and money than our life allows right now! Hopefully someday I can make at least some of these dreams come true.
1.
Sing in choir at church
2. Write a book
3. Swim with dolphins
4. Eat pastries at a roadside café in Paris
5. Live on a boat
6. Build my dream house
7. Cook Julia Childs Beef Bourgenion
8. Travel to Italy
9. Take a photography class
10. Learn to sew
11. Spend a week at a house on the beach in
the Outer Banks
12. Driving tour of the East Coast in fall
13. Eat at Mystic Pizza
14. Take the boys to my favorite city- San
Francisco
15. See the Grand Canyon
16. Take the boys to my favorite beach-
Hanalei Bay
17. Learn to run
18. Go camping
19. spend a week at Torch Lake – just me and
my boys (Jason included as a boy)
20. ride an elephant
21. see Lion King the musical
22. have a whole yard full of daisies
23. can fruit and veggies from my garden pickles, strawberry jam,
peaches, applesauce, tomatoes,
etc.
24. spend a night in a museum
25. go on a mission trip
26. have an outdoor shower just like the
ones in Hawaii
27. buy an expensive pair of jeans that
everyone says are the best jeans ever- and not feel guilty about it!
28. Make spring rolls
29. Own a kitchen aid mixer
30. Build a tree house for the boys
31. Pick blueberries
32. Have a pumpkin patch
33. Fast for 24 hours in honor of someone in
need
34. Wear an amazing hat to the Kentucky
Derby
35. Watch the Masters in Augusta
7. In the middle of the day today Grant told me had to brush his teeth. He went in the bathroom and brushed and then came out and said,"now I can have more sugar mommy."
8. Why don't my kids sleep???? I.am.so.tired.
9. I really miss Good Afternoon America. Anyone else?
10. Blessing of the week: catching up with college sorority sisters at a wedding this past weekend. There is something special about college friends because you are all living within feet of each other and your only responsibility is to study so you can devote the rest of your time and energy to friends. I have to admit that I really miss that feeling. Don't get me wrong, I have wonderful friends. But they all have their own families that keep them busy. And, most of them grew up here so in their spare time they have childhood friends and family that keep them even busier. With Jason being gone a lot in the evenings and weekends, it would be really nice to have those college days back when I could simply walk next door in my pajamas for a little girl time!




No comments:
Post a Comment