Wednesday, July 11, 2012

kitchen and bath

I have finally gotten down to taking a few pics of the house for all the family and friends that have been asking.  I will start with the kitchen and the bath since those were the most presentable today! 

The Kitchen



I wish I had before pictures to show you because you would probably not believe it.  The cabinets were white and the crazy hardware was black.  The floor was a nasty maroon/brown color and the countertops were  off white with dirty butcher block - yuck!  I LOVE the way it turned out with the shabby chic green cabinets, new "tile" floor and "marble" countertops.



Don't pay too much attention to the desk area.  Organizing that is on the list of to do's for the day.  We will see if the kids let me sleep long enough to get that done!  My two favorite parts of the desk area are the awesome Hitchcock chair and the fabric covered cork board courtesy of  Pinterest.  We picked the chair up from Jason's childhood mentor. It was a family heirloom that was passed down through the family.  Since Mr W considers Jason a son, he was thrilled that we fell in love with the chair and wanted to take it home with us.  Amazingly enough, it is actually very comfy.


Kitchen Pros:  LOTS of space compared to our old kitchen.  I actually have drawers and cabinets.  Jason even built shelves in the coat closet (yes, the only coat closet in the whole house) for a little pantry for me.



Kitchen Cons:  The washer and dryer are in the kitchen.  I do love not having to go into a dingy basement to do laundry, but having our kitchen double as a laundry room has proven to be a challenge since neither Jason or I are really good at keeping up with our laundry piles!


The Bath



Not much to say here.  This is still the smallest bathroom I have experienced.  New vanity and floors.  And, I love my new shower curtain!  It reminds me of a spa and helps me to relax about the bathroom.  Still waiting on the plumbing issues in the shower to be fixed though.  Good thing it has been so warm out and hot showers are not really something I desire at the moment :)

Stay tuned for the dining and living room...

1 comment:

  1. Love that chair, and your cabinet hardware! (I'm just catching up after some time away from the blog world.) Kendry had the hand, mouth and foot virus a week before he turned one. It was not fun. He hasn't had it since, thank goodness - our poor little niece who is the same age has had it at least 5 times. Hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete