Precious Child
Karen Taylor Good
In my dreams, you are alive and well
Precious child, precious child
In my mind, I see you clear as a bell
Precious child, precious child
In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart, there is hope
'Cause you are with me still
In my heart, you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart
In my plans, I was the first to leave
Precious child, precious child
But in this world, I was left here to grieve
Precious child, my precious child
In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart there is hope
And you are with me still
In my heart you live on
Always there, never gone
Precious child, you left too soon,
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart
God knows I want to hold you,
See you, touch you
And maybe there's a heaven
And someday I will again
Please know you are not forgotten until then
In my heart you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart
Precious child, precious child
In my mind, I see you clear as a bell
Precious child, precious child
In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart, there is hope
'Cause you are with me still
In my heart, you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart
In my plans, I was the first to leave
Precious child, precious child
But in this world, I was left here to grieve
Precious child, my precious child
In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart there is hope
And you are with me still
In my heart you live on
Always there, never gone
Precious child, you left too soon,
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart
God knows I want to hold you,
See you, touch you
And maybe there's a heaven
And someday I will again
Please know you are not forgotten until then
In my heart you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart
Brooke and Alexcyn - It seems unreal that it has already been 4 years since we held you in our arms for the first time. We miss you so much it hurts. We would go to the ends of the earth and back just to get to hold you in our arms one more time. We love you so much ~ mommy and daddy.




Praying for you today... I too am a mommy facing the loss of a baby way too soon. My Jonathan would have been 4 this July 31. It seems unreal that 4 years have gone by since the last moments we held our babies in our arms for the last time. Thank God and His precious mercy that we both now have 2 sons to fill our arms and hearts with love, but the ache for our first babies will never go away. What beautiful lyrics that capture the heart of moms like us so perfectly. I'd love to use it on my blog in a few weeks on our son's birthday... I hope you don't mind! I will continue praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteOf course I don't mind if you use the song! Thanks so much for the prayers. Will be praying for you in the weeks ahead as well.
DeleteHi Krista,
ReplyDeleteI love this song also...I think that I first heard it through your blog :)
I love songs that have meaning to one's experiences and faith.
((hugs))
Cheryl