1. Wow, that week went fast. We had a great time at my parents house. We floated in the pool A.LOT. Unfortunately when it is 106 outside, the pool feels more like bathwater than a refreshing escape.
2. I hate to curse myself, but I think Ashton is finally on the mend. He did not handle the heat well last week so we were inside a lot which was ok with me since I don't handle it well either!
3. Even though Ashton is better, he is still waking up in the middle of the night to eat. It is time to start to let him cry it out. This method never goes well in our house.
4. This was in my Groupon email today. It was just the laugh I needed this morning.
Traveling by boat lets people enjoy the freedom of open water and avoid
driving through dangerous backroads that have fallen to the cow
uprising. Float on by with this Groupon.
I have not heard about this cow uprising, but it sounds like a really serious issue! :)
5. Grant's need for speed scares me. He went on "the boat" aka the wave runner with Jason and asked to drive it. J let him put his arms up on the steering wheel with his and then Grant threw a fit because he wanted to drive it by himself. An all out temper tantrum because a two year old couldn't drive a wave runner by himself. Oh the fun we have ahead of us!
6. Ashton is finally getting a tooth! It only took him 8 months.
7. Grant loves fireworks so much that he insisted we open his window so he could hear them. I assumed most kids were scared of the noise. Again, his lack of fear scares the heck out of me...
8. Hmmm... I am not doing so well on my photography assignment for the year. Guess I better start snapping some pics.
9. Grant got a scooter for pooping on the potty 8 times in a row. He was so excited. We were so excited. He even told us while we were at my parents AND while we were at a restaruant. That was a big deal for him. 2 days later, he pooped on the floor. The scooter is resting until he can go on the potty. One step forward, one step back.
10. Blessing of the week: 2 good nights of sleep. While we were at my parents, we put the boys to sleep at their house and then slept at the cottage all by ourselves. I had forgotten how nice it is to wake up on your own and not to a screaming child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment