2. The weather here has been AMAZING this past week. This was exactly what I needed to get out of my no spring break rut.
3. Grant has decided that it is time to be potty trained. Every time we are out somewhere, he asks to go potty and actually goes. So, we went to the store and bought some Toy Story underwear and now he wants to wear them all the time. Unfortunately, with all the house showings and with my dad being here this week, it has been impossible to stay home and focus on going potty. I am hoping that once things slow down this week we can go diaper/pull up free.
4. Along those same lines, we were out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and Grant wanted to go potty. I figured I would go as well while I was there. The bathroom was full of people and suddenly Grant yells, "Good job Mommy, high five!" I was laughing hysterically, but I got some strange looks when we walked out of the stall!
5. I had a mole removed by my ear last week and it has the signs of being cancerous. Please say a prayer that I receive a card in the mail saying it is ok instead of the dreaded phone call. The dr said it is nothing to lose sleep over, but any time the C word comes into play, sleep is lost!
6. Sunday night I came down mastitis. This is my fourth time having it between Grant and Ashton. I woke up thinking I just had a plugged duct but by evening I developed body aches and chills. I figured this would happen since we have been so busy this past week and I was pretty lazy with keeping a tight pumping schedule. I guess I learned my lesson!
7. I am pretty sure that Ashton is trying to say mama.... so what if I have only practiced mama with him? I need at least one of my boys to be a momma's boy!
8. Today I heard a conversation between Grant and his friend Lo regarding Jesus being yummy. I got a good laugh, but think we should probably sit down and discuss that we don't eat Jesus!
9. I tried this recipe from Pinterest this past week and was surprised at how delicious it was!
10. Blessing this week: Time spent with Grandpa Pat. Most of my life, my grandparents lived far away from me so I never got the chance to really get to know them well. Now, my mom lives about 2 hours away and my dad about a 6 hour plane ride away. I wish they all lived closer so my boys would have the same relationship with them that Jason has with his grandparents. For now, I will simply be thankful that they do whatever they can to see the boys as much as possible and might I mention, spoil them rotten!





Krista-I don't know if you remember me--I used to date(was engaged to Sumo). I stumbled upon your blog yesterday through Katie Lubbers. Have been reading about your past years--and sending lots of prayers your way. Your daughters looked beautiful and I love their names! I am happy God has blessed you with your boys also. I have a son slightly older than Ashton. It would be fun to run into you some time!
ReplyDeleteAlso--potty trained my daughter last summer in three days. There is an email book that covers all that you're supposed to do. I'm happy to forward it to you if you like.
ahenry@alleganps.org
Keeping your family in my prayers!
:) Annie
Also,
Praying for a good report on the mole. Being so fairskinned myself I can understand concerns/worries about skin cancer. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteHooray for potty-training progress! Keep it up, Grant!