Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 months



Every time the 18th of the month rolls around, I dread it!  That is because it means my baby is one month older.  I really wish I could just make time stand still because Ashton is growing up way too fast!

Ashton Nowell, this is what you have been up to your third month...



*you smile a lot.  Especially when you see your momma :)

*you talk all the time too.  I just love all the oohs and ahhs.  You even try to mimic what we are saying to you.

*you have been sleeping through the night for a while now!!!!  You are finally settling yourself into a routine.  You take a short nap around 10 and then a long nap around 1.  You are ready to go to sleep at 10 no matter what and you sleep until 7:30.  Some mornings you surprise us and wake at 6 but that is ok.  As long as most nights we get uninterrupted sleep, we are so happy!  Now if we could just teach your brother to be a better sleeper....



*you wear size 3 clothes and size 1 diapers.

*you want to eat 4 ounces every 2-3 hours. Can't seem to get you to break that cycle.  You are just like your brother when he was your age!

*speaking of your brother.... he loves you so much!  He likes to lay down next to you on the floor and he says, "Gant luv his baby broder."  He also likes to hold you.  He will say, "Gant hold Ashen Nowl."  So, I set him up on the couch and put you in his arms and after about 2 seconds he says, "too heavy" and pushes you off his lap. Good thing I never fully trust Grant and am always right there to grab you!



*you still love your baths.  On the rare times that you are fussy for no reason, we know that a bath will cheer you up!


*you are such a content, happy baby.  We can lay you on the floor under your activity mat and you are happy as can be. You just lay there and talk to yourself and kick your legs like crazy!



*you are starting to reach for things and last night reached out and touched my face.

*the other day I looked over and you were on your side!  I am really not ready for you to start rolling yet so I am NOT encouraging this action!



 *you are very ticklish and laugh when I change your clothes!  I love that sweet sound of your laughter so I try to change your clothes as often as possible!

You have really lost that infant look this month and are starting to become a little boy. I just love watching you as you discover new things like your hands and how amazing they are.  We love you so much and are so thankful for the last three months with you!  ~mommy and daddy

I asked Grant to get on the chair and make you smile and this was the face you gave when he looked at you!  Brotherly love at its best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment