Disney was amazing. We got out of this cold winter weather and soaked up some vitamin D, we met Mickey and Minnie and Goofy. We played in the pool and took walks along the "beach". We definitely made memories that will last a lifetime. However, there was something missing. This conversation between my 7 year old niece (K) and I at dinner our last night there sums it all up for me.
K- You know what is on my mind Aunt Krista?
Me- I don't know K, what is on your mind right now?
K- Brooke and Alexcyn
Me- (suddenly very happy it is dark in here) Really? Why are they on your mind right now?
K- I am just thinking how much fun they would have had at Disney.
Me- (first tear rolls down my cheek) I thought about them a lot this week too K. What do you think would have been their favorite part of Disney?
K- Magic Kingdom.
Me- Oh, I know they would have loved Magic Kingdom. Do you think they would have had a favorite princess that they would want to dress up like?
K- I think Belle would have been their favorite. They could have gotten Belle dresses and met all the princesses with us.
Me- That would have been pretty special and I know they would have loved it K.
Me- (suddenly speechless and full of tears- I lean in for a hug) I love you K for making me realize I am not alone and for never forgetting my little girls....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




that is too precious for word! love.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet of your niece - this brought tears to my eyes. My son who is 7 also will bring up Troy now and then and it is just so sweet knowing how much these precious young kids think of our angels to. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow--like a breath from Heaven...God knows just when you need to hear something :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a touching story! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteTears in my eyes...how so so so very precious! It def warms a mamma's heart to know we are not the only ones missing our angels.
ReplyDelete