Wednesday, July 7, 2010

still here...


I am still here... kinda.

Last week my dad came out to visit for the first time so we had a busy week! Grant was sick with another ear infection and this time it was accompanied with an eye infection- lucky us! I also got sick, so needless to say my dad used almost a whole bottle of antibacterial lotion the first few days. Once we were over our sickness we had a wonderful week going to parks, wandering through the farmers market and watching lots of soccer. We were very sad to say goodbye to grandpa and hope we can see him again someday very soon.

My dad left on the 4th so we after we said our goodbyes, we dove right in to the holiday weekend. We had a great time celebrating the holiday with friends and family and are very thankful to our family members who shared their pools with us on the extremely hot weekend!

Now that all the busyness has died down, I am just kinda here. I can feel the anticipation of "the week" coming up. July 16, July 18 and July 21 are right around the corner. I am really trying not to dwell on the dates and not let the bad memories get the best of me. Unfortunately, I am not sure it is working! I kinda feel like I have gone back in time to the couple months after the girls were born and I was just kinda here. For those few months, I felt out of it. I couldn't remember anything, could hardly complete sentences and was pretty much useless. I started to feel that way again this week and am pretty sure it is my brains way of shutting down as the week approaches. Have any of you experienced this as your date/dates approach? I know it was a normal occurrence after loosing someone you love, but I am kinda of surprised that it has come back 2 years later!

4 comments:

  1. Krista, The two year mark was harder on me fir some reason. I will be keeping you close in prayer! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that way last year. And I'm already curious to know how things will be this year, now that D's here. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista.. I thought this year would be easier for me and in some ways it was but there were 2 straight days were all I did was cry... you can't expect to be a certain way or react a certain way... what you went through was traumatic. Thinking of you and praying for you through these next few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dates are so hard-they are a constant reminder. And it's so stressful and traumatic what you went through-I think no matter what it will always be in the back of our minds-especially when seasons change and the calendar flips over.
    I will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete