First off, I survived Mother's Day! Grant was not a happy baby that day so I chose to stay home with him while J went to church. That was fine with me because I wasn't sure if I was ready for the Mother's Day scene at church anyways. I made an attempt to bring flowers to the girls that day, but found out that the cemetery was closed due to a college graduation which was taking place right next to the cemetery. I probably could have parked across the street and walked in but figured the experience would have been ruined anyways with the ceremony and loud speakers being so close to the girls grave. I pretty much spent the rest of my day hanging out with my two favorite men, getting pampered with a delicious lunch on the grill made by J and receiving lots of slobbery kisses from G. It was sad thinking that not all of my babies could be there to celebrate with me that day, but overall it was much better than I had anticipated.
Grant has been quite a handful this week. He has been cutting 4 new teeth on top and after a day reprieve from that pain, he developed a nasty ear infection. This has all caused him to not want to sleep the 10 uninterrupted hours that he was blessing us with the previous week. So, when Grant has napped this week, I have napped. Hence the lack of extra time to do things such as blog! Prayers that he will get over this ear infection would be wonderful- it seems to be causing him a lot of pain right now.
We have also been very busy trying to baby proof our house because Grant is "crawling" now. I put crawling in quotations because he isn't really doing a normal hands and knees crawl, he is doing the commando crawl. He lays on the floor and drags himself around using his left arm and pushing with his right leg. He seems to be pretty content getting around this way and I have to admit he is actually pretty fast! Our current issue is figuring out a gate for our basement stairs which are open from our living room. Jasper the cat's bathroom is downstairs so we need a gate that can keep Grant in, but still allow Jasper to get around/through. After searching for baby & cat friendly gates, J decided to just build one to suit our needs- lets hope it works!
I will leave you with a short video I took of G doing his wounded soldier crawl....
I was holding his bottle hostage so he was not happy with me, but isn't the crawl hilarious????




I was thinking about you on Mother's day. I am glad you had a good day. He is getting so big. What a crawl. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute video of Grant! Sorry you weren't able to visit your girls on Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen that version of crawling!! Loved it!
ReplyDelete