Monday, May 31, 2010
the green shirt...
Have you ever been surprised by a memory? You are going along with life and then suddenly, without any warning at all, you are just transported back. Today I was cleaning out my closet and finally making the transition from winter to summer. I was moving some t-shirts over and suddenly I came across my green shirt. I stared at it for a second and suddenly I was back there. I was in the NICU unit and I was hearing the Dr tell me that it was time to let my baby girl go, I was watching my beautiful daughter as she got baptised, I was finally holding my daughter in my arms and kissing her as she left this earth. In all those memories, I can clearly see me wearing that same green shirt. Amazing how looking a simple piece of clothing can bring back all those memories, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Amazing. I remember when my mom brought me these jammies at the hospital, after I had my son. I'm wearing them now. And he just turned 10 yesterday. sniff sniff. :)
ReplyDeleteClothes do hold so many memories. I had just bought some new maternity clothes and had on a new blue shirt and a black skirt when I went in for my 20 week u/s (the one that put me on bed rest). I am afraid whenever I put them on (yes, I still have to wear some of that maternity stuff....ugh).
ReplyDelete