Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sunday...

Hiding under the blankets, sightseeing in Toronto, sitting outside in the cold rain watching a Cubs game and outlet shopping on the other side of the state....what do all of these things have in common?

They are all places I have run to in order to avoid the dreaded Mothers Day.

This year I am grateful to be spending the day listening to sweet laughter and getting slobbery "kisses" from my precious baby boy. BUT, that does not mean that I will be celebrating this Mothers Day the way that normal mothers do. Even though I am blessed enough to have a living, breathing child to spend my day with, I still have 2 children that don't get to make me a mothers day breakfast or shower with me laughter and kisses. People assume that since Grant is here, everything from the past is wiped away and forgotten and this Mothers Day will be normal. Don't get me wrong, I will celebrate, but it won't be the same celebration it could have been if I had all of my babies here with me. This day will forever be bittersweet for me. It will always remind me of the struggles I went through to become a mother and the two beautiful angels that first made me a mother.

If you are running and hiding like I used to, if you are still trying to have your rainbow baby, if you are struggling with the grief over the loss o your baby/babies as this day approaches, please let me know. I would love to pray for you. Please leave a comment on this post or email me at jandkblog@yahoo.com and let me lift you up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment