Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

I thought this picture was good for a Wordless Wednesday post, but then I realized that in order to get the full meaning out of the pic, I had to explain it! Below is a pic of Grant sleeping in his crib with his favorite little lamb. When we first moved him into his crib, he was not happy at all- he wanted back in his cozy bassinet. After trying everything, we decided to put a special lamb lovey in the crib with him hoping it would provide comfort. This lamb lovey was originally a gift to Brooke and Alexcyn from my mom - she had bought one for each of the girls. When Alexcyn was in the NICU, I had J pick up a few things from home so she would have cozy things in the incubator with her- her lamb lovey was one of those things. When it came time to pack up the girls closet this summer, I came across the other lamb that was meant for Brooke. Instead of putting it in the box with all of the other things we had for the girls, I kept it out and decided that I would give it to Grant as a special gift from his big sisters.


He obviously knew just how special it was...



because he held on tightly to this lamb and went right to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. that is precious, he is precious. he is such a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious. That is so beautiful and perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your handsome boy and sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! i like his blaket pj's. i dread the day when we have to start sleeping unswaddled, where she actually has her arms like grant does. ahhhh....not going to be pretty!!

    ReplyDelete