A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to reap that which is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing.
A time to get and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1
There have been many times over the last few years that I have thought of the day we would baptise our children. When we had the girls, I was so thankful that our pastor was able to come to the hospital and baptise Alexcyn before she passed away. But, I was extremely sad because that is not the way it was supposed to be. At that point in our lives, we had been dealing with infertility for years and had dreamed of the day we would finally be holding our babies in our arms as their lives were promised to God. When Alexcyn was baptised, she was in the NICU. We were only able to hold her hands.
After we lost the girls, I couldn't handle baptisms. I signed up to get our church bulletin online so I would know in advance when baptisms were going to take place. I would stay in bed and skip church those days. It was just too much of a reminder of the day I was still waiting to have with Brooke and Alexcyn.
So, needless to say when it came time to think about Grant being baptised, I was thrilled and excited that it was finally our turn to stand up in front of our family and friends and promise our baby's life and love to God!

Pastor Frank was the one that baptised Alexcyn and he and his wife prayed for us and stood by us as we went through all of our struggles so it was very special that he was also the one that baptised Grant.

Tears came to our eyes as he spoke briefly spoke about this verse... A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. We have spent so much time weeping and mourning and yesterday was a day to celebrate. It was a day to DANCE!

Grant was wrapped in a special blanket knit by his great grandma B.





Beautiful post. Dance, dance, dance :)
ReplyDeleteWith love and hope,
Cheryl
We are Nine
I can't imagine what a wonderful day this must have been. I continue to be so happy for you all. And Grant's little outfit is too precious for words :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, Krista! It looks like it was a wonderful day for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteKrista, Grant looked absolutely handsome in his baptism outfit. I know his sisters Brooke and Alexcyn were dancing with him. Hugs from warm (okay it was 40 degrees) Chicago, Lizy
ReplyDeleteAmazing. He is so beautiful in his baptism outfit. I'm so happy you finally got to do this as you dreamed about it for so long.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are so adorable....
ReplyDelete