A couple years ago, I shuddered at the thought of being a 30 something. I hated the idea of reaching that age and not being where I thought I would be in my life. Well, today I am happy to report that I am a 30 something and proud of it! Only this time, we aren't talking my age, we are talking baby boy's age. Today we start week 30- woo hoo!!! Only 2 more weeks and we will be to a point where if baby boy were born, his chances of survival and growing up to be a normal healthy baby will be greatly increased. I feel so relieved to be in the "home stretch" of this pregnancy!
Many of you have asked me lately how I am feeling. Physically, I still feel great. I have a few backaches here and there, but nothing my yoga exercises can't stretch out. I am gaining weight at a rapid rate and have already had to say goodbye to a few of my smaller maternity clothes. I am still sleeping as well as can be and just trying to soak it all up while I can! Mentally, I am doing so much better than a month ago. I had so many people tell me that getting past my loss time and date wouldn't really help my anxiety level. I must be an exception to that rule because I am feeling so much more confident than I was just a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of fears but I am trying my best to give them up to God and try to enjoy what I have left of this pregnancy. Showers are currently being planned and we just completed our birthing class at the hospital which was a little emotional as it brought back many memories of the girls birth. But, it was another milestone that we didn't reach with the girls so I feel blessed that I was able to go! We have finally cleaned out the guest room and are ready for the crib and dresser to come on Friday. I am definitely getting antsy to start getting things ready and transform that room into a nursery! So, when people ask me how I am, I just respond grateful! I will take every backache and sleepless night if it means I get to take home my baby boy in 10 weeks.
Before I sign off I do have a prayer request for you.... Friends of ours, Jeff and Wendy lost their baby girl Natalie Grace at 21 weeks this past weekend. Our hearts are breaking with them as we know exactly how empty they feel right now. Please pray that they will be surrounded by comfort, strength and peace at this difficult time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yeah for 30!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so happy you are feeling well. I actually just had my baby girl on July 30th and I am just thinking back to last fall and how far we have both come in our journey. Congrats, Krista. I can't wait for you to hold your baby boy.....
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you are in week 30 already! That is fantastic news. I'm glad you are feeling better. I can tell you that setting up my little girls room this past weekend and dreaming about her actually using all of her "stuff" has really helped my mind. I'm glad your showers are planned and that you are feeling more confident. You deserve the best.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful, happy post! I just burst out in a grin when I read that it's not your age, but your baby's :) I am so, so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThinking of your friends, too. It hurts my heart everytime I hear of another who has to know this pain.
((Hugs))