Monday, August 31, 2009

Family Shower

I had my baby shower with J's family on Saturday and had so much fun! Everything was so perfect from the adorable favors to the shower games and if you know anything about me, you know I don't like games so that is saying a lot!






I felt so blessed by all the fabulous gifts I got for baby boy and yes, I am feeling better and slightly more prepared now that I actually have things in the drawers and a changing pad on the table! There are still quite a few things that we need, but I hear from many people that I will be surprised at how much stuff we get so I am trying to stop stressing about it! This is not an easy task for an obsessive planner like myself, but I am really trying!



The morning of the shower, I woke up early with much anticipation and found my mind wandering back to when I first dreamed of my baby shower. It is hard to believe that it was almost 4 years ago now.... I remember how naive I was thinking that it would be just a few short months after we first starting trying. I remember attending showers after we had been trying for a while and then after we had been diagnosed as infertile and then after we had a miscarriage and then after we lost the girls. The thought of attending a baby shower definitely took on a different meaning to me over those years and I will never forget all the emotions involved when you have lost a child or the dream of a child. So, as I sat at my shower opening all those fabulous gifts, I just felt grateful that it was finally my turn, that I was the one opening the presents, that I was being celebrated this day! What an amazing blessing!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are the one being celebrated. It is definitely time for you to enjoy another side of being a mommy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista... I am so excited for you.. looks like you got a bunch of goodies for your little man - I am glad you had a wonderful time!!! Can I ask where that stripe footed outfit came from? I love that!!

    ReplyDelete