In honor of our due date coming up on November 10, I thought I would write a letter to each of our daughters.
Brooke,
At 6 weeks, we found out we were pregnant with twins. We were definitely in shock and went through all of the OMG moments. I will never forget that the first thing your dad said was that we had to sell the boat! From that day on, you were named Baby A. At 17 weeks when I found out that you were a girl, I nicknamed you Ginger. I wanted something to call you so I didn't give away your real name and thought I would make it funny. Your dad was actually the one that picked out your name, Brooke. At first I wasn't so sure about it. All I kept thinking of was the Garbage Pail Kid card- Babbling Brooke. Over the next few weeks, I spent night after night looking through the baby name books and found myself constantly going back to Brooke. I suppose I did like it after all!
You were the one that I felt kick first. Even your dad got to feel a kick only a few days before you were born. You were also the one that was sitting on my bladder and contributed to a well worn path between me and the bathroom!
When my water broke, my heart broke. After being in the hospital for a while, we realized that it was your water that broke, You spent 48 hours in my belly with no protection at all. The night of July 18 when you were born, your skin was so dry, flaky and bruised, but we thought you were so beautiful. Your birth happened so fast. I hadn't even been to my birthing class yet and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. There was no time for medication, and I remember the feeling of you being born. It was very painful, but more emotionally than anything else. I knew that you would have a long road ahead of you if you survived.
Your dad was the first person to hold you. I remember looking over and seeing the look on his face. It was a mix of sadness and excitement- he was finally a dad! That moment will remain forever in my memory. I was so sad when they gave you to me to hold. That meant that there was nothing they could do for you and they wanted you to take your last breaths in your mom and dads arms. I had pictured the moment the dr handed you to us after your birth and this was not how it was supposed to be. We held you in our arms as long as we could. We took pictures of you that I cherish every day. We had the family come in and meet you as well as Pastor Mark and Pastor Frank. They both prayed for you as you left this world. You were our miracle, our Gift from God. We loved you from the moment we saw those two pink lines. I would do anything to have you back in my belly and have your brithday be next Monday. Not a day goes by that we don't think of you. We love you so much and miss you with all of our hearts.
Mommy and Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Krista and Jason,
ReplyDeleteWe remember the day that Brooke and Alexcyn were born as if it were yesterday. We were with you when you had 3 contractions and started to deliver Brooke. They took you out of there quickly and we didn't see you for three hours. We were sick with worry. By the time they had come to tell us how you were, there were lots of people there for support.
We were lucky enough to get to hold Brooke and be with you that night, and to see Alexcyn in the NICU. I have never been prouder of you than I was that night, when I withnessed your strength (and Jason's) as you held your baby in your arms. We love you and are with you as this "due date" approaches. Mom and Tom and Ben