Sorry for not posting much the last week. I was a busy bee getting ready for my big fundraising event at work and I can finally say that it is over- woo hoo! I spent almost every day (even Sunday) getting ready for the open house on Saturday and then the auction on Monday. Everything went so well and I am hopeful we raised a lot of money for our clinic!
Jason and his co-workers decorated this Seas'n Greetings tree- it was a top seller! Sure am glad I recommended the theme!!
I loved this tree!
This is the tree that Jason won- it is called Endless Summer and had 20 1$ coins on it!! Not quite sure where we are going to put it yet!
With the Festival keeping my mind busy, I have not had a lot of time to think about the upcoming holiday. There were a few moments on Saturday that I found my mind drifting to thoughts of how I shouldn't even be at the Festival this year- I should be home with my babies. And of course, I ran into some friends, volunteers and acquaintances that I have not seen in person since this summer. They were all so kind, but sometimes it is difficult to get into the frame of mind to discuss what happened- especially when you are in the middle of a fundraising event that you are in charge of.
I am sure as things calm down for me today and I get a chance to catch my breath, the dread of the holiday will start looming over me. I am however keeping myself busy today preparing my basket for the hospital. I had a wonderful friend make blankets and then a few others have made sweet treats for the staff. I will add pics on here once they are done.




Even if the distractions don't last, they are appreciated. I'm glad you had a great weekend and were able to smile while keeping busy.
ReplyDelete