I just got back from my appt and wanted to give you all an update. Everything went fine. The receptionist didn't even give me a chance to sit down in the waiting room- although I have to say my prayers were answered and there was no one even in the waiting room at the time. The dr went over the results of the tests that were run on the placentas after the birth. They did find that Brooke had a slight infection but are not sure if that played a role in my water breaking or if it was just because I was carrying twins. She referred to it as a freak thing that happens- you can't predict it and unfortunately, there is not a lot to do to prevent it in the future- unless of course I want to take antibiotics the whole pregnancy. She did recommend that if we were to get pregnant again, I should be on bed rest during the 22-29 week point just to be safe and because it will be a really difficult time emotionally.
One interesting thing that we learned was that in the beginning we were told they were fraternal - once they were born, the dr told us they were identical because there was only one placenta and now they know for sure that they were fraternal- the placentas had fused together to make it look like one.
As for trying again, she said that was our choice when we were ready emotionally and physically, but she did not give us a time frame that we had to follow which is nice. Considering we don't "just get pregnant" like so many people, I was glad to hear that we didn't have to wait to long to start trying again.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers for us as we prepared for this appointment. The pager was going off all morning and I felt such a peace knowing that there were so many people out there lifting us up and helping us through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I dont know you at all but your brother and sister in law (the schrotenboers) are our neighbors. I just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you since I found out what had happened to your baby girls. Thank you for sharing your feelings, and I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. It is inspireing and puts my trials into perspective. God is still good and forever faithful.
ReplyDeleteKrista, You don't know me but I stumbled upon you blog today and am stunned. I, too, lost my twin girls at 24 weeks! Another weird thing, our blogs are almost identical! I am sorry but I am just like,... wow! You seem to be doing so well, emotionally! If you ever need to talk or need some advice please let me know. I would love to talk to someone who has been through EXACTLY what I have been through!! God Bless! Kellie
ReplyDeleteJason and Krista,
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog and I am deeply sorry for what you guys are going through. You guys will get through this, you are a definitely a couple with a lot of love and a great family. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you both!!!
Lori S.
Krista...I have to admit that I've looked at your blog before my situation(from Katie's page), but didn't leave a comment...I apologize...It's because of stories like yours and Katie's that I too have been able to keep the faith and walk this path...So thank you for showing me an example of how to stay strong in times like these...
ReplyDeleteJason and Krista,
ReplyDeleteJon and I just want you to know that we are continuing to hold you up in prayers. May God give you the strength you need for each new day! Romans 8:32