Jason and I went out to the gravesite yesterday, a week after we buried Brooke and Alexcyn. We had been out of town a few days so it was the first time we had returned to the cemetery. I was having a pretty good few days until yesterday when I spoke to my dr and found out that I am not supposed to be swimming for 6 weeks. I know it is the silliest thing, but I totally lost it because this is something that wouldn't even matter if I had my girls at home with me. Anyways, I knew a trip to the cemetery would be good to bring me back to what was really important and was it ever. I titled this post Wind... because of a quote from one of my favorite chick flicks- A Walk to Remember. It goes like this, "Love is like the wind, you can not see it but you can always feel it." Each time we have been to the gravesite there has been a calming wind that is blowing the beautiful tree that overlooks the girls. It was a hot day outside yesterday and there was no breeze once you stepped away from that area- the only thing I could think was that Brooke and Alexcyn wanted us to feel that wind so that we knew they were there even though we couldn't hold them in our arms. Below is a picture of the gravesite. The area they are in is called stadium view because it overlooks Hope stadium-I always wanted my girls to go to Hope! There is really nothing there yet because we have not picked out a gravestone, but I wanted you all to see what a beautiful place it is.

I have also added a picture of a bench that our family got us to remember Brooke and Alexcyn. We put it in our backyard so everytime we look out our kitchen window we see it and think of them.

We are headed out tomorrow for the annual Schrotenboer family cottage week. This is the first time we will be away with others. I know that we will be surrounded by family that loves us and cares for us but it is still an anxious time for me as I haven't been around a lot of people at one time since all this happened. Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this week.
I LOVE YOU!!! KiS 4ever :)!
ReplyDelete