Wednesday, September 3, 2014

still here...

I am currently sitting by a bonfire and realizing two things.  1- summer is officially over which totally sucks and 2- I m a horrible blogger!  With all the house stuff and moving and my MIL's illness, I feel like summer came and went in the blink of an eye and I am not ok with that at all.  I am so thankful for all the fun memories we made in between all the work, but I still can't believe that we are headed back into fall and winter already. I will touch on my blogging status in my next post.  For now, I am doing some serious catch up of summer.  I finished June last post but totally forgot swimming lessons.  Grant was a trouper this year compared to last year.  He actually had a desire to learn which made me so happy.  Ashton was a maniac and in true Ashton form didn't hesistate at all to learn or attempt to jump in when the teachers weren't looking.





The beginning of July we were busy packing.  It is amazing how much stuff we accumulated over the last two years.  Once the weather gets yucky, I plan on going through all those boxes and purging a lot of treasures hidden away.

We were able to escape to Indiana the week before we moved just to relax a bit before the storm of moving hit.




I usually don't put pics of people on here unless they are family because I had someone yell at me once for not asking first.  Hopefully you don't mind S that I am sharing this one.  A couple years ago, this little cutie, A, gave Grant his first kiss on July 4.  This year I asked them to all smile for a picture and what does she do.... plant a kiss right on him.  So cute.  Grant loved it!




The rest of the month was spent moving.  Here is a sneak peek at my favorite "room" of our house.   Our dining room, living room and kitchen are all open onto each other with a two sided fireplace in between the living and dining.  I am so happy with the way it turned out!  I just about cut this out of our plan after seeing how large it was.  Thank goodness for our decorator that Jason called at the last minute to play referee.  I can't imagine our house without this beauty!


 It took the boys about 2 minutes to settle down and take over my two brand new comfy chairs in the living room!  Kitchen sneak peek in the back:)  Don't mind the mess- this was the night we moved in.



I promise more pics to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment