2. Jason and I were blessed to have a kid free weekend last weekend. Unfortunately we didn't have anything super romantic planned unless you call house shopping romantic. Nothing like waking up at 8 am on your first day to sleep in in over 6 months! We spent the entire weekend ordering appliances, furniture, browsing granite slabs, picking out fireplace stone, checking out wood floor options, planning our electric in our basement and Jason even snuck in a little plumbing.
3. All of that shopping may sound like fun to you, but I have decided that I am the worst decision maker ever, so shopping has started to become painful for me! I am a review reader and a second guesser. Appliances were a nightmare and I am still waking up at 4 am wondering if our furniture is going to be ok. Note to self: never ever tell people what you are planning on buying. They all have opinions and they are usually never the same as yours:)
4. On Saturday night, we were able to get out to our local hibachi for a fun date night. We ended up sitting around the hibachi with a bunch of people we knew so it was a ton of fun. We closed out the night with Snickers martinis and lava cake at our favorite local restaurant. On Sunday night, I woke up not feeling well and found myself running to the bathroom. I threw up a few times and was feeling horrible. I couldn't believe I got the stomach flu again this year. I was so worried because I had been around pretty much all of our family on Sunday. My day care provider generously offered to watch the boys for me so I could rest in the afternoon since her kids all had the flu already. I always say the worst part of being a stay at home mom is when you are sick and can't even take care of yourself much less two active boys.
5. On Wednesday I discovered that I was not the only one that ate at the hibachi that got sick. Apparently I was lucky enough to get food poisoning along with about 200 others that ate there that weekend. Thanks Wild Chef for that fun experience.....
6. My boys are loving the warmer temps. They have been out playing in the woods at our new house and riding around their quad. I just can't wait to get out there where we actually have room to play. Although I think I may need to get GPS chips installed on them because they disappear into those woods and I seriously can not find them.
7. This past weekend Jason's cousin gave birth to her precious daughter at 20 weeks. I haven't heard all the details, but I know her water broke. The news brought me back to the moment my water broke. All those horrible memories that I have been able to put away for a while came flooding back. My heart is breaking for her and her family. And, I am just kinda irritated at God for taking another of our precious babies. Please keep her in your prayers as you know how horrible those first few days and weeks are.
8. This week in my 7 Bible Study, I had to wear the same 7 clothes for an entire week. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I assumed the laundry involved would be less, but I found that I was always washing clothes so I would have something to wear the next day. There were times I put wet jeans on and a few hours that I wore only my cami because I spilled something on my only dry shirt. It was very eye opening to me and I will never ever stand in my closet and say I have nothing to wear. BTW- people don't notice you half as much as you think they do- not a single person mentioned that I wore the same outfit to work, church and playdates.
9. We were finally able to get out our spring jackets to wear to church this weekend! I just can't get over how adorable these two are....
10. Blessing of the week: A date with Ashton. I had to run to World Market on Saturday so Jason took Grant to go plumb the house and I took Ashton shopping. A while back I stopped taking them shopping with me due to the screams that ensued when I refused to purchase every toy they saw. I was anxious to see Ashton in action all by himself because since the screams are usually coming from the naughty 4 year old. He was amazing. I did my pre-engagement with him before we went in and told him he could touch but not take. He would touch a toy and then put it right back on the shelf. I even dared take him to Five Below which is wall to wall toys and he didn't shed a tear at all when we left empty handed. What a blessing it was to have a positive shopping experience with a child in tow. This makes me long for next year when Grant is in school and Ashton and I get to spend three mornings a week together- just us.
He definitely made me laugh! :)




In regards to #3...remember you are the one living with these choices...not the people saying get this don't get that...blah blah. What you like is what you should get. Sometimes as designers we have to steer our clients in the "right" direction...but in the end they have to be happy! And you can sleep :)
ReplyDelete#7- my heart breaks again as well. I have been trying to do better when I hear these things but I still get angry. Praying God holds them close even when he feels so far away.
ReplyDelete