1. Mud. Everywhere. I must get used to having mud everywhere. Thinking I need an outdoor shower so I can wash my kids down before they come inside.
2. Last week I noticed Grant asked me to turn up the volume on things a few more times than normal. I asked him if his ears hurt and if he could hear and he said yes. Monday he threw a fit to go to a church meeting and claimed his ear hurt. I was skeptical since he has claimed illness before and then admitted he didn't tell the truth- he was fine. I dialed up the dr and lo and behold the poor kid had a double ear infection. Crazy how those things come up and surprise you.
3. I love the Scholastic books from school! I am pretty sure I get more excited about new books than the boys do!
4. Just a sampling of the donations heading for Africa's Child this week. For my 7 Bible Study, we are purging 7 things from our lives each day. I am a classic hoarder so this was a difficult project for me. I purged way more items than I needed to get rid of, but it felt so good so I kept going. Hoping to decrease the amount of boxes that get moved while also changing the way I look at stuff. Up until now, I was consumed with wanting more and more and keeping up with family and friends when they got more and more. Now, I am re-thinking the way I look at stuff. Wearing new clothes and having fun shoes is not going to change who I am as a person so why do I feel that I constantly need new ones every season? Not saying that I can't ever get anything new, but do I really need 10 pairs of jeans or will 5 do just fine? I am learning that I have so much excess stuff and the desire to always want more and keep up with the Jones' is so against everything I claim to believe in. So why do I do it? Change is hard, but I know it is desperately needed in my life right now.
*just imagine a picture of a couple overflowing boxes of treasures being donated. Technical difficulties :)*
5. Have you told your moms that you love them today? A friend of mine lost her mother unexpectedly and instead of sending flowers and cards, she requested everyone call their moms and tell them that they love them. Quote from her eulogy... So, you see, it's impossible for me to have regrets. I don't
regret that I didn't call her one last time, or that we hadn't had lunch lately.
Because everything that needed to be said has been said long ago. But I still
told her all the time how much I loved her.
What are you waiting for.... go do it right now.
6. Ashton's new saying... "I guess". Example.... "I just peed in my pants, I guess." So funny to hear such a grown up saying to come out of my little guys mouth.
7. Anyone else have a child that still cries at preschool drop off a month before the school year ends????? I had a breakdown at work the other day after dealing with Grant's 20 minute fit as I dropped him off. He loves school but apparently he told his teacher he doesn't like to leave his momma. Ironic since he has no qualms about running into the babysitters house any other day with no tears. I am at my wits end and am really tired of all the other moms giving me the "your kid is still crying???" look. Any advice?
8. The last month or so I have taken the boys to library time in our new town. It has been such a blessing- Ms Ingrid is awesome and we have made so many new friends.
9. Grant and I decided it would be fun to write a book. So, he drew a picture of an egg and then told me what to write around it- so funny.
The egg tooted and then it pooped. (every good story from a 4 year old boy must start out this way, right?) And then it went to breakfast. After breakfast the egg went to play. It went outside for a bike ride. Then it went to the theater to see a movie. And then the egg was tired so he went home to take a nap. After dinner he went for another bike ride and then finally went to sleep for the night. The End.
10. Blessing of the week: pizza night with the fam. Last Friday the four of us headed downtown for pizza and ice cream. Seems like a normal night out, but with the busyness of the house and Jason starting his summer job, we haven't had many meals together lately. It was just nice to slow down for a couple hours and enjoy each others company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment