Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.  On Saturday, we headed out to eat to one of our favorite spots.  We had to wait for a few minutes.  As we were standing there with all the other people, Ashton walked over to a random grandpa, put his hands up like he wanted to be picked up and the guy actually picked him up.  I just about died.  How exactly do you teach stranger danger to a 16 month old that has no.fear.of.anything?

2.  As Grant was ordering his dinner, the waiter asked if he wanted fries or apple slices.  He actually chose apple slices and ate them before he even touched his chicken fingers.  Proud momma moment.

3.  A few minutes into eating and Ashton grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go.  I couldn't figure out what he was doing.  When I asked him what he wanted he said a-men.  Nothing like being reminded from your 16 month old that you forgot to pray.

4.  The other day I made the mistake of pressing the back button on my profile picture. My first ever profile pic was taken on my 30th birthday vacation to Punta Cana.  Two observations were made....1- I can't believe I actually let Jason talk me into growing my hair out long.  It looked hideous.  2.  I can't believe I have wasted 6 years of my life on Facebook.

5.  Experiencing a bit of de ja vu this week.  We were minutes away from leaving for church on Sunday and Ashton started whining.  I trusted my intuition and decided to stay home with him.  Not 20 minutes later did he throw up all over me.  5 times.  I would have been horrified if we got called out of church because Ashton threw up all over nursery.  He proceeded to have the exact same flu he had two weeks before.  Needless to say, I have been cleaning like crazy.  Thank God the rest of us haven't gotten it again.

6.  Being stuck inside for 4 days straight is starting to make me go nuts.

7.  Since I have a lot of time on my hands, I decided to start pricing items for our garage sale in April.  It took me forever to go through the newborn clothes.  They brought back so many good memories.  I wanted to keep them all. 

outfit Grant wore home from the hospital. 
8.  Side note:  I am a horrible garage sale pricer.  I price with my heart and not with my head.  I will probably have to go back and reprice everything before the sale.

9.  Grant drew his first person the other day.  Up until now, he has drawn a lot of lines, a few circles and occasionally something he claims is a G.  I couldn't have been more proud when he brought me his picture the other day of daddy.  Apparently Grant sees daddy as a tall, slender man with a big smile and a lot of hair-even on his feet!  I love this kid.






10.  Blessing of the week:  a good neighbor.  When we moved to this rental house, I was totally dreading it.  The location is not ideal in my book and I was so nervous that I wouldn't feel safe with our neighbors.  Right away we got to know our neighbor to the right of us.  She is a single mother with two daughters and she has been amazing.  On Sunday, she brought us homemade apple pie and kept Grant at her house for a few hours while we rested with Ashton.  She has been such a blessing and has made this transition so much easier for me.  I am so thankful for her!

1 comment:

  1. oh man I hate pricing things for garage sales I either want to over price or under price LOL

    Love the picture!!

    So awesome he ate apples over chicken!

    ReplyDelete