Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1.  Ok, so this tummy bug is really starting to annoy me.  A week later and I am still trying to get over being exhausted and nauseous. A few times this past week I have actually put Ashton to bed and then tucked myself in.  At 8 oclock.  Jason and Grant were still awake.  I couldn't tell you a time I have ever done that before.  Needless to say, I have been totally discombobulated and have no idea what day it is and just found out it is actually March now.

2.  L was the letter of the week in our house.  Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots of Laundry, Lysol and Lysol wipes.  A little spring cleaning you might say.

3.  Jason has taken to calling Ashton Linus due to his new found attachment to his blankies.  He loves these two blakines and carries them around wherever he goes.  I am a little concerned because these are from Grant and we have no backup!

4.  I read this on another blog and thought it was so true.....  if you want to know what someone is afraid of losing – watch what they photograph.

5.  I am so afraid of forgetting how cute and fun the boys are right now.  Their passion for life is something I don't want to ever forget.  Especially when they grow to be teenage boys.  I always try to capture the perfect picture but have recently decided that capturing everyday moments IS capturing the perfect picture.  Years from now, I want to look back at pictures of the boys in the moment rather than having a perfect smile on their face.  Hence the following pictures I tried to capture on Sunday after church that I just love because this is our everyday.

6.  Grant was pouting because he did not want to sit for a picture.  Ashton was going with the flow as long as he could hold onto the mini screwdriver seen in his hand.




7.  Then Grant decided that he would smile as long as he was able to hurt Ashton in the process.  Typical everyday occurrence.



8.  Then finally I get the perfect picture.....Grant actually showing love to Ashton by protecting him from falling off the fireplace stoop.  This does not happen often in our house so to capture it, is perfect!  (He wasn't actually falling btw, he was too busy chewing on his toy.)

 
9.  Hard to believe, but it was a year ago that we sold our house.  Just the other day, Grant asked when we could go back to our regular house.  Broke my heart a little to think that he remembered it (down to his blue room) and that when we move out of our current house, it will be that much harder on him to leave. 

10.  Blessing of the week:  fun opportunities to get out of the house.  A local church has an indoor playground that you can take your kids to at no cost.  It can be crazy full of kids, but it is a great way to get out that winter energy when you are sick of playing outside in the freezing cold.  Also, we enjoyed a play date with my moms group at Deanna's Playhouse- an AWESOME place to take kids to work off large amounts of energy.  You do pay for this experience, but it is SO worth it when you see how much fun your kids are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment