Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1.  Eating brownies covered in cookie dough for breakfast is perfectly ok as long as it is your birthday week, right?  That is how I am justifying it anyways....

2.  When I was young, I used to think of 40 as being SO OLD.  Now that I am rounding that corner towards 40, I wonder if kids look at me and think that same thing.

3.  Grant is growing up way too fast.  It occurred to me the other day that I never actually posted his 3 year update.  Our computer was in the shop on his birthday so it kinda got pushed back and forgotten.  I plan to post it soon.  Just believe me when I say he looks like such a big boy now and I really don't like it at all!

4.  Ashton has started to say amen after his nightly prayers. And, everytime we sit down to eat and we say lets pray, he holds out his hands to us.  That little guy just melts my heart.

5.  Grant went to 3s church for the first time this week.  In 2s church he always came back telling us he learned about Jesus and that was it.  This Sunday I asked him what he learned and he said about Jesus.  I was so bummed until he shouted out,"Jesus turned water into wine."  I was thrilled that he actually paid attention and retained the info!

6.  I am sitting here typing this with my window open.  In January.  Crazy weather. 

7.  Before the warm up yesterday, we had awesome snow accumulation.  The boys and I huddled inside on Friday and made soup, drank hot cocoa and watched the big snowflakes fall.  It was what I have craved for months.  Jason and I even got out for an hour of snowshoeing on our property on Sunday.  It was beautiful and renewed my faith that the sacrifices we are making now will be worth it once we are living there.

8.  Ashton's new thing is to take his wet diapers and throw them in the trash when he is done with them.  Too bad he thinks it is funny to put them anywhere but the trash.  I found one in my mixing bowls the other day.

9.  Anyone else totally stressed out about Preschool?  I think we have decided to wait another year since Grant won't be able to start Kindergarten until he is almost 6.  I want him to have as much fun as he can before school starts but there is so much pressure here to get your kids in school asap that it is stressing me out!

10.  Blessing of the week: more time.  I haven't mentioned it much, but we are just so thankful that J is working so close to home.  Last night we ate dinner at 5:30 (way earlier than it used to be) and then I was able to paint our dresser and put it back in its place by 8:00.  It really is amazing to me how much of a difference an hour makes.  The boys are just thrilled with their extra daddy time too!

2 comments:

  1. Spray WD 40 on an old cloth and wipe down the insides of your dryer. It worked for me a few years ago with a red crayon. Afterward I ran a load of towels which I then threw in the washer again and then the dryer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete