1. We are working through our hundredth cold of the season. Poor Grant seems to have it pretty bad this time around. The other day he woke up and was all congested and was pulling at his ear. I asked him what was wrong and he said,"my ear is turned off." Obviously his ear was full and he couldn't hear. I just thought it was so cute the way he explained it!
2. Ashton had his 6 month check up last Friday. He weighed 14 lbs 15 oz. That puts him in the 6th % for his weight.
3. At that appointment, I mentioned that I was concerned about Ashton's hearing since he slept through 5 fire alarms going off in our house the other day. Dr S checked his ears AGAIN. This resulted in a full ear irrigation since Ashton is a really waxy baby. He was less than pleased to endure all of that. In the end, we discovered a double ear infection with a lot of fluid built up. Funny that we were just there the week before for that reason and supposedly he had nothing...... The dr thinks his hearing issue is due to the infection and fluid. We will have a follow up in 3 weeks to be sure. That ear check punch card would come in real handy right now!
4. This is why Grant prefers to sleep on the floor! His toddler bed just does not handle his wiggly little body. Thankfully our rental house has 3 bedrooms so he will have a full size bed to wiggle in (with a bed rail of course!).
5. Did I mention that selling your house is a pain in the you know what??? We are preparing our major pack this weekend and then will move out the first weekend in May. I am exhausted yet teary eyed at the thought of all the packing, moving and then leaving this house full of so many memories...
6. Guess who returned? Sophie the Giraffe! 2 months after giving in and buying a new one, we found the Sophie that was MIA. She was at the bottom of the recycling bin in our garage- you know where every teething toy goes to hide..... pretty sure I can guess who put her in there! After a good clean, she is slightly less squeaky, but will be a good back up in case we lose one again.
7. Revenge for all those times Grant tried to sit on Ashton....... the look on Ashton's face as he pulled Grant's hair was priceless. Wish I was quick enough to capture that on camera!
8. Anyone know how to get permanent marker off the wall??? G was left alone in our basement and found the moving box marker and took to the walls with it. So far I have tried scrubbing the heck out of it, rubbing alcohol, magic eraser and nail polish remover. Nothing has worked and we really don't want to go out and buy the paint for that wall 2 weeks before we move!
9. As I prepare to move into a house with little to no space to store everyday essentials, I really wish I lived close to an Ikea. A road trip might be needed in my future...
10. Blessing of the week: Grant pooped on the potty again. He is still going in his pants more than on the potty, but it was another baby step toward our goal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I LOVE your ten on tuesdays!!!
ReplyDelete"My ear is turned off." I love it! I have often wondered about Sophie the Giraffe; you recommend it for teething?
ReplyDeleteMy parents live near the two IKEA's in Illinois...a rod trip I make multiple times a month. Maybe a quick girls day would be in order......
ReplyDelete:)Annie