Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I really had great intentions of getting out a real blog post this past week but then life got crazy and I simply ran out of time and energy.

2.  After our house inspection, we were told we had to put on a new roof.  This was something that we pretty much knew, but were hoping we could just give an allowance for and not have to do ourselves.  Unfortunately, we had to do it.  So, last week Jason was up on the roof every evening taking it off and getting it ready for the roofers to come put our new one on. I was trying to keep track of a (still) sick Ashton, a really whiny Grant and nurse myself back to health from a nasty cold.  Hence, the life getting a little crazy mentioned above. 

3.  Grant's potty training is also starting to wear on me.  The 3 day method did not work for us.  He is doing well during the day (minus the pooping part of course) but he has started wetting the bed at night.  This method involves throwing away the diapers and not putting them back on even for nighttime.  I hate to go back, but waking up with a wet Grant everyday is starting to break me down!

4.  What a great way to end this crazy week.... celebrating the risen Lord with these two loves in my arms.



5.  I confess that I really need the Clean Sweep crew to come through my house as I pack.  I am a total pack rat and have serious attachment issues to everything from old Christmas ornaments from my college days to clothes I haven't worn in about 6 years!  I really need someone to convince me that I will survive without keeping all these treasures...

6.  I came across my fertility binder while I was packing.  It seems like forever ago that we sat down with the specialist that first time.  Our hearts were full of excitement and hope for what they could do for us and fear for what struggles lied ahead.  Little did we know the plans that God had in store for us- miscarriage, twin pregnancy, infant loss, preecalmpsia and two beautiful baby boys.  I am so grateful that in the end of this roller coaster ride, we were given the desires of our hearts.  I will never forget what we went through to get here though and for that reason, I wanted to keep the binder.  Reference #5 for attachment issues!!!

7. Grant started singing Oh Christmas Tree out of the blue the other day.  This kid really does share my absolute love for everything Christmas!  And yes, he still sings Jingle Bells all the time too....

8.  Grant and I headed to the Children's Museum last week with my SIL and her kids.  Grant just loved it.  Although, three people referred to Grant as a girl.  I am thinking it might be time for a haircut for him!!!

9.  My little bunny...


10.  Blessing of the week:  Family and friends that came out to help Jason take the roof off.  We couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

  1. Kendry still busts into "O Christmas Tree" every now and then too, and then requests that I play it for him. I have to keep reminding him I don't keep Christmas music in the car year round. :) I still have our first fertility/IVF binder too - every time I go to throw it away I think "but what if I need that information again some day?" Silly, but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete