Or maybe life is tough right now and everything feels like a struggle. God has allowed hard things in your life so you can show the world that your God is great and that knowing Him brings peace and joy even when life is hard. Like the psalmist who wrote, "I saw the prosperity of the wicked....Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure.... When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me till I entered the Sanctuary of God." It is easy to become disillusioned with the circumstances of our lives compared to others'. But in the presence of God, He gives us a deeper peace and joy that transcends it all.
Excerpt from Crazy Love by Francis Chan
We are reading this book for our life group and as I read this paragraph, it really struck me as a good reminder to stop trying to figure out why others are blessed with my dreams and to start leaning on God for understanding and Peace and Hope that he will get me through the dark days. I don't know where you are right now with your journey through infertility, miscarriage, infant loss, etc... but I hope this gives you peace through your dark days as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love the second sentence. My prayer is that throughout our infertility struggle others can still look at me and see the joy that only comes from our Lord.
ReplyDeleteWhat chapter is this in? My women's Bible study is reading through this book too - we just discussed chapter 5. This is a book that really gets you thinking, isn't it? Challenging, but rewarding. :)