Monday, January 31, 2011



Seven years ago I never would have imagined the life that was ahead of me.  As I stood in our winter wonderland and said,"I do," I thought I would get married, have kids and live happily ever after.  I think back to how naive I was on January 31, 2004 and I long to go back to that moment when the world was in front of me and there was no struggle, no pain, no loss....


As we celebrate our seventh anniversary today, I am thankful for so many things.  I am thankful that my husband is truly my best friend.  I am thankful that we have survived all the struggles in our seven years and have only grown stronger.  I am thankful for our faith that got us through it all.  And of course, I am thankful for the three beautiful children that have blessed our lives over the last seven years.  


Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
-- Chuck Palahniuk

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 7 years of marriage!!! When struggles and hard times arise... there is nothing better at that moment then to have your husband.. your best friend right there beside you helping you through!! Having our best friends as our husbands is a true gift from God!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete